Citrix has released Netscaler 9.3 and the WebInterface is now integrated and updated to v. 5.4 (See ya “black interface” welcome “white interface”)
Citrix® NetScaler® 9.3 Classic and nCore
IT is transforming from an app-centric, physical-based model to a service-oriented, virtualized delivery model. The impact of this transformation is driving consolidation of datacenter infrastructure with demands for greater device functionality, performance and flexibility. NetScaler 9.3 meets this challenge by delivering a service delivery architecture that enables consolidation of adjacent services, like desktop delivery, data optimization, application visibility, network bridging and identity management.
Key New Features in NetScaler 9.3
• Database load balancing for Oracle MySQL
• AppFlowTM – open, IPFIX standards-based application flow visibility
• New dynamic XenDesktop/XenApp health monitors
• Load balancing for Branch Repeater
• Application Firewall signatures
Integrated Web Interface on NetScaler
Web Interface for NetScaler is available as a General Availability feature in NetScaler Release 9.3.The solution requires the use of NetScaler MPX or VPX models with nCore.The WI version supported for this is WI 5.4.
NetScaler 9.3 Enhancements
The following AAA feature enhancements are available in this release.
- Kerberos Support for AAA
- AAA and Microsoft SharePoint
The following Access Gateway enhancement is available in this release.
The following policy enhancements are available in this release.
- Virtual Server-Based Expressions
- Named Expressions
- Support for Unsigned Long and Double Data Types
- Modifying (Corrupting) HTTP Headers
- Pattern Set Name Length
- Encryption and Decryption of Payloads
- Policy-Based Logging for Responder Policies
- Support for the UTF-8 Character Set
- Matching Text by Using a String Map
- Rules for Names in Identifiers Used in Policies
- Stripping Characters From a String
- Tool for Converting Classic Expressions to the Newer
- Default Expression Syntax
- Identifying a Response That is Associated with anHTTP
- Expressions for Generating the Day of the Week, as Strings,
- in Short and Long Formats
- Enhancements to Expressions That Process Binary Strings
- Rewriting TCP Payloads
The following AppExpert enhancements are available in this release.
- Deployment Files for AppExpert Applications
- Roll Back Support for AppExpert Application Import
- Creating Application Templates from Content Switching
- Virtual Servers
The following Application Firewall enhancements are available in this release.
- Document Type Definitions (DTD) Support for XML Security
- Audit Server Configuration for Application Firewall
- Learning Visualizer for Deployed Application Firewall Rules
- SNMP Traps for Application Firewall Security Checks
- Application Firewall Custom Variables for HTML/XML Error
- Cookie Encryption, Cookie Proxying, and Adding Flags to
- Limiting the Number of Files Uploaded to a Web Site
- New Signatures Feature
- Configuration Wizard Added to Application Firewall
- Excluding XML Elements and Attributes from Security
- Inverse Regular Expressions
- Adding XQuery Injection Patterns to XPath
- Web-Based GUI Editor for Imported Files
- XML SOAP Array Rule Added to XDOS Check
- Application Firewall/XML Signature Updates
- Importing Cenzic Scan Results as XML File
The following compression feature enhancements are available in this release.
- Policy Manager for Compression
The following configuration utility enhancements are available in this release.
- EdgeSight Monitoring
- IP Address Type Identification in VLAN Configuration
- Dialog Boxes
- Default Policy Format for NetScaler Features
- Viewing SYSLOG Event IDs
- IP Address Range Support
- Customized System User Prompt
- UTF-8 Support in Regular Expression Editors
The following documentation enhancements are available in this release.
- NetScaler Documentation on eDocs
- Enhanced Context-Sensitive Online Help
The following hardware enhancement is available in this release
- Support for 1G SFP Hot Swap
The following high availability enhancements are available in this release.
- Synchronizing Configuration Files in High Availability Setup
- Enhanced Force Failover Warning Message
HTML Injection (EdgeSight Monitoring)
The following HTML Injection enhancement is available in this release.
- Details of Virtual Server and Service
The following integrated cache enhancements are available in this release.
- Integrated Cache Support for Single Byte-Range Requests
- Built-in Content Group, Pattern Set, and Policies for the
- Integrated Cache
The following monitoring utility enhancement is available in this release.
- Viewing Dashboard Functionalities on the Monitoring Utility
Domain Name System (DNS)
The following Domain Name System enhancements are available in this release.
- DNS Security Extensions on the NetScaler
- Controlling the Number of Pipeline Requests on an
- Individual Client Connection
Thefollowing NetScaler VPX enhancements are available in this release.
- 3 Gbps Throughput on the NetScaler Virtual Appliance
- (nCore VPX only)
- VMTools Support (nCore VPX only)
- VLAN Tagging (nCore VPX only)
The following networking enhancements are available in this release.
- RNAT NAT IP Range
- PBR with Multiple Next Hops
- Round Robin Method for Selecting Source IPs for IP Tunnels
- Simple ACL6
- Inbound Network Address Translation (INAT)
- Prefix-Based IPv6-IPv4 Translation
- Pinging Link Local Address from Any VLAN
- Host Name-Based SNMP Managers
- Time-out for Dynamic ARP Entries
- Alias Name for a VLAN
- Option for Tagging or Untagging the NSVLAN
- New vtysh Command
The following NITRO API enhancements are available in this release.
- NITRO API Support for AppExpert Applications
- NITRO API Support for Entity Templates
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
The following Secure Sockets Layer enhancements are available in this release.
- SHA-2 Signature Algorithm Support
- Small Records Processing
- Server Name Indication
- Support for IPv6 Addresses in Online Certificate Status
- Inserting Complete Client Certificate in Online Certificate
- Status Protocol
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions
- PUSH Flag-Based Encryption Trigger Mechanism
- Importing an External Key as a FIPS Key (nCore MPX FIPS appliance only)
- SSL Enhancements in the NetScaler Configuration Utility
- Warm Restart Option On 10G FIPS Appliances (nCore only)
The following system enhancements are available in this release.
- Enhanced Application Visibility Using AppFlow (nCore and nCore VPX only)
- Rate Limiting Notification (nCore and nCore VPX only)
- Optimizing the TCP Maximum Segment Size for a Virtual
- Server Configuration
- Specifying a TCP Buffer Size Globally and for Virtual
- Servers and Services
- Memory Consumption Statistics for NetScaler Features
- Statistics for Overall System Memory Consumption
- Filtering a NetScaler Trace to Capture Information About an Interface or a VLAN ID
- Time Stamp of the Last Configuration Change
- View System Date in the NetScaler Command Line
- Omitting Device-Specific Information in Output
- Web Interface on NetScaler (nCore and nCore VPX only)
The following traffic management enhancements are available in this release.
- Load Balancing of Branch Repeaters for WAN Optimization (nCore and nCore VPX only)
- Database Switching (nCore and nCore VPX only)
- XenApp and XenDesktop Load Balancing Wizard Enhancements
- No-Monitor Option for Services and Service Groups
- Hash-Based Load Balancing Method
- Support for Remote Desktop Protocol Load Balancing (nCore and nCore VPX only)
- Policy-Based Routing Domains (nCore and nCore VPX only)
- Graceful Shutdown of Backend Services
- Additional Statistics for Load Balancing Virtual Servers
- Persistence Time-out Option
- Virtual Servers Bound to a Service Group
- Domain-Name-Based Service Groups
- N-tier Cache Redirection
- Sessionless Load Balancing in IP Mode
- Customization of the HTTPONLY Flag (Classic only)
- Enhancement of XenDesktop Monitors
- Link Load Balancing
- Rule-Based Persistence for ANY Type Virtual Servers
Release Notes about NetScaler 9.3
Download NetScaler 9.3 Classic or Ncore here (Require MyCitrix ID)
Download Netscaler 9.3 VPX here (Require MyCitrix ID)
Download Webinterface for NetScaler 9.3 here (Require MyCitrix ID)
Download Application Signature Protection for Application Firewall
(Require MyCitrix ID)