BalancePoint: A fresh new tool for your IT arsenal! This product is a lifesaver for those trying to actively manage their ever growing cloud infrastructure.
Over the past few days our Varrow engineers have been involved with training surrounding a product that the company is extremely excited about! Our engineers have been through introductions with the company and its product BalancePoint. BalancePoint “is a third generation software product that is the only analytics based solution for server to storage performance analysis and capacity planning for both physical and virtual environments. Think of Akorri as the GPS of your IT infrastructure. Akorri supplies critical information and guidance versus a monitoring tool which just reports on a single infrastructure element (physical or virtual servers or storage or network).” What I really found interesting with the product is its ease of use. You are really able to get this product installed and configured rather quickly and when used for troubleshooting issues between virtualization, physical servers and storage there may not be another player in the market as strong currently. The reporting features of the product are pretty amazing and are readily for IT administrators and their management teams to show performance within the virtual environment.
The amount of work being placed on administrators these days is tremendous and only gets heavier from there. Most companies have the philosophy to do more with less. These are just a few reasons why a solution must be found to keep up with network sprawl which grows at a weeds pace. Everything in the data center is evolving and if things aren’t setup immediately for monitoring sometimes things get lost in the shuffle. “BalancePoint agent-less software collects statistics from the entire infrastructure, creates a dynamic model and then intelligently analyzes the information to understand how an application workload’s server, SAN and storage resources are utilized and interact. BalancePoint uniquely enables IT administrators to visualize their infrastructure, proactively identify and troubleshoot performance problems within minutes, plan future capacity requirements and measure infrastructure service levels to demonstrate efficient resource utilization to management.” Below are some of the benefits gained by using Akorri BalancePoint in your workplace, especially those who have committed to the private or public cloud and the management challenges that it provides.
BalancePoint™ deploys quickly, providing immediate benefits including:
- Same-day non-intrusive implementation
- Rapid cross-domain troubleshooting
- Optimal IT performance delivery
- Effective Infrastructure capacity planning
- Justification for IT Virtualization and Consolidation projects
With BalancePoint™ in your environment you will:
- Identify Performance Bottlenecks — Find problems and contention points before they impact operations
- Troubleshoot Problems Faster — Identify root cause quickly so people can get back to work
- Improve Storage Utilization — Use storage and server resources more efficiently and eliminate or defer new storage purchases
- Manage VMware in Production — Improve VMware server and storage performance and utilization through “single pane of glass” management·
- Optimize and Plan — Identify opportunities for improvement and plan for future growth requirements
- Maintain Service Performance — Avoid application brownouts with cross-domain correlation of applications, servers, and storage
- Guarantee Future Service — Enable performance-based capacity planning across applications, servers, and storage
- Reduce Risk — Mitigate potential issues with what-if modeling for data-tier disaster recovery plans and data center optimization projects
The BalancePoint product has won many awards and if you are interested in the product, Varrow is a certified partner and reseller and can assist you with your project. Please feel free to contact us with any questions concerning the product.
*Quotes have been taken from www.akorri.com directly.